The following admission process is designed to give parents a clear and comprehensive view of Montessori education and our school. It also allows us to fully understand each family and child’s individual needs.
1. Join Monthly Parent Group Tour Prospective parents are invited to a monthly parent group tour held on the first Monday of every month from 4:30pm to 5:30pm and the first Friday of each month from 9:30am to 10:30am. Here is a list of days for parent group tour in 2015 Spring semester: 1/5/2015, 2/2/2015, 3/2/2015, 3/6/2015, 4/6/2015, 4/10/2015, 5/4/2015, 5/8/2015, 6/1/2015, 6/12/2015.
Parent group tours are an opportunity for parents to visit classrooms, learn about the Montessori curriculum and become acquainted with our school. Parent group tours are for parents ONLY. Parents should make a reservation for the tour by calling our office at 508-366-9288.
2. Observe a Class After attending a parent group tour, prospective parents should schedule a classroom observation. Parent observations are half-hour sessions that take place in the morning while both half day and full day children are working in the classroom. It is important for parents to observe classes in session to better understand Montessori education.
3. Apply Parents may submit an online application form with a recent picture of their child and a $100.00 application fee (non-refundable) by click on this link: Online Application.
4. Visit with your child After receiving the application form, we contact parents to set up a time for their child to visit a classroom. This visit takes place in the afternoon after our current students are dismissed. It is simply a time for your child to meet a teacher and do a few early activities with them. There is no screening or aptitude test involved. During the visit to a Primary class, a teacher will present a few activities to the child to see if they are ready and open to a Montessori environment. At this time, parents meet with the Head of School to further discuss their admission needs in terms of educational goals and other considerations.
If the child has attended another school or day care center, parents should sign a Record and Information Release Form so that eBridge may obtain written assessments from the child’s previous schools for review during the admission process. We may request teacher recommendations when necessary.
5. Enroll We contact parents within two weeks of a child’s visit with our admission decision. If accepted, parents may use our Online Enrollment to fill out additional forms required by the state, sign the eBridge enrollment agreement, and confirm the tuition invoice.
6. Register Parents register their child by completing Online Enrollment, submitting $1000 tuition deposit and applicable tuition within two weeks. The tuition deposit will be applied toward the last tuition payment of the three-year cycle. A child is fully registered after Online Enrollment and tuition deposit are submitted.
Waiting List If eBridge Montessori School has full enrollment, applicant’s names are placed on a waiting list. As soon as space becomes available, we contact parents to start the admission process.